Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Cinematography

Cinematography is important to a film, controlling how we see and feel about a shot. Cinematography includes angles, shots, and movement. Shots like POV are used to show characters' perspectives, while undershot is used to show underneath the subject. eye level, which makes the audience feel apart from the scene, overshot is looking over at an action, extreme close up is used to show emotion, close up draws attention to the character's expression, medium close up focuses on what the character is doing, medium shot focuses on the background and the character, full shot emphasizes action, long shot emphasizes location while showing location, extreme long shot shows the location. Angles like high angles show weakness, while low angles show power. The identifying shot types and angles assignment was fun to do. I took pictures of my friend in several different shots and angles, which helped me learn the different angles I needed to know to identify and find the meaning of. I also had to find examples of different camera movements on YouTube in a hurry to get to my next class on time. Looking back on this, I should have organized the pictures better, but I think I did well for the allotted amount of time given.


Source: Terms Glossary

No comments:

Post a Comment