Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Mise-en-Scene

The majority of last week was dedicated to mise-en-scene and the project we did along with it. I learned a lot of new information that assisted with the project. I already knew that mise-en-scene is a French word that means everything you see on screen, and everything that is on the screen the film director put there for a reason, but I didn't know that the reason was to create a mood for the movie. Everything from the design, setting, props, lighting, and acting plays a huge role in the meaning and the audience's response to the film. It allows viewers to experience a place and time and influences the way we think of the characters and story. The two major visual components are design and composition, which also influence the tone of a film.


The project I did was to use components of mise-en-scene to create meaning in my photo. I used a Superman figure, two pieces of construction paper, and a blue light to create my photo. used the two pieces of paper to make the background and the ground and got on my knees to get a low angle to create a sense of power for the figure. The blue light I obtained from my friend also accomplishes the feeling of power. Looking back on this, I could have bought a more detailed figure that would have helped play into the illusion of the picture. I like the light reflecting off the figure, creating more of a dramatic tone for the picture. Sources: notes

 


No comments:

Post a Comment