Friday, March 4, 2022

Production Week

The production of our film was entertaining to film, me and my group members, Anacamila, Juliana, and Valeria. Last Saturday, our parents drove us to Windmill Park. After a long series of wrong turns and yelling over the phone, we finally began filming. To film, we used Juliana's phone and Valeria's tripod to achieve a still shot. We had some difficulty with the tripod but figured it out. For our props, we used an old teddy as a prop for Kiara (Anacamila) and to create a missing poster, Valeria used a program called Picsart and printed it out for us. When we came together, we met our first hurdle: my poor acting skills. I was watching tutorials in class on how to fake crying, but it wasn't sufficient, so we just decided to edit it in post-production. We wanted to be as original as possible, but still follow the conventions of thriller movies with a fair number of close-ups, low-key lighting, the antagonist wearing dark clothing, eerie music, and creating suspense throughout the opening scene. We also tried so hard to be as serious as we could be, but it was impossible. We also made some small changes to the shots and had some issues with the scenes with me walking. We decided Valeria would be a more suitable actor. It was a fun time filming with my friends, but I think next time I don't think I should play one of the main characters, fanatic Cassandra, in the blazing hot sun. 





No comments:

Post a Comment