Monday, March 14, 2022

The Post-Production Process


Hi, welcome back! This is one of the last stages for our opening scene, and although I am a little sad that it's over, I am happy to see everything come together. Me and my group started editing on WeVideo, an online-based editing platform. We weren't supposed to edit on there, but due to complications in Premiere Pro, we had to compromise. I followed the storyboard to assemble the shots and tried my best to follow the conventions of thriller films. The editing stage was one of the hardest, trying to share the videos on the computer, using the editing platform, and trying to upload the video. The first conundrum occurred when trying to upload the shots onto the computer. Since we recorded the shots on Juliana's phone, she had to send them to us on Gmail to get them to all of us. This wouldn't have been such an issue if we didn't have so many bloopers and selected the video for the whole class period. When we tried to use Premiere Pro, it wouldn't let us edit the shots, so we had to switch to WeVideo. When using WeVideo, I had trouble with the text duration. Even after watching a tutorial, I still couldn't figure it out until the last minute. I asked my group members, but it was too late to fix it. While trying to edit my opening scene, the computer froze for like five minutes, scaring me, but luckily nothing happened to the editing. I continued to work on the opening scene, but Canvas wouldn't let me submit the video, so I resorted to submitting what I worked on at home yesterday. As my streak of unluckiness prevailed, I learned a lot about editing to contribute to my group members: to organize the different bloopers and useable shots and overall, asking for help from my peers and teachers. 


For the editing I added a black and white filter from WeVideo, over and nature and crying sounds to the audio I have to slow down some shots in order to fit the storyboard. The title scene also doubles as an establishing shot with the words "GONE" appearing on the screen the with a bold fonts following the conventions of thriller movies. I didn't use any noticeable transitions in the production of the opening scene. 



No comments:

Post a Comment